Sunday, January 20, 2008

Working on balance.

It is never easy, but I keep on trying, and hopefully, learning. Today was a pretty good, very full day. I got up early and hit the office (yes, work is mostly insane again). After I finished what I needed to do, I went to the gym for my first swim of the year, and the first in ages. I am soooo out of swimming shape, but I had a good, productive workout, and noticed some things about my stroke I hadn't figured out before. After the swim a short sauna, linner at my favorite Indian place, and then home to watch the Pats (18-0, baby!) in between more house chores and some cooking.

New recipe of the week:
Curried Squash & Chicken Soup
Makes 2 servings, 1 3/4 cups each
Ingredients
1 10-ounce package frozen pureed winter squash
½ cup "lite" coconut milk
½ cup water
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced (I used 4 oz of sliced thai-spiced tofu instead)
1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½-1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
¼ teaspoon salt

Heat squash, coconut milk and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash defrosts, about 10 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in spinach, lime juice, sugar, curry paste to taste and salt and continue cooking until the chicken/tofu is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.

From Eatingwell.com

NOTE: Toast the curry paste in the bottom of the pot first, it improves the flavor. I also used the juice of one whole lime.

Looks and smells fabulous, how nice to have it tucked away in the fridge for later in the week. Tomorrow is another ambitious day. I'm considering hitting a 6AM yoga class, which means leaving by 5:20 AM. After that, more work, but hopefully out by lunch-time (It is MLK day, after all), and then maybe some x-country skiing before I head home to chill out a bit. I'm off to pack my yoga bag, and load my skiis, and then curl up in bed with a good book.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Have a great day tomorrow!

10:50 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

Sounds so yummy!
What did you notice about your swimming?
Have fun yoga-ing and skiiing :)

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home