Monday, December 10, 2007

Project Blue Jeans: First Mini-Goal Achieved!

I'm down 5.0 in the first 4 weeks. Wooowhooooo, if I say so myself. Now, to repeat that achievement and hit the next mini-goal. And the thing is, I know I can do better. I have been "pretty good" about journaling my food, but I can do better. I have been making "pretty good" eating choices, but I can do better (and there is a remarkable correlation between overeating days and non-journaling days). I've finally started moving my body, but that only occurred with any regularity this last week. I can *definitely* do better on that score.


A couple of reminders of non-tangibles that help:

(1) Support. God love my family, friends, and various support systems. Cutting myself off this spring and summer (including from you, my blogging pals), only made it tougher to succeed.

(2) Yoga. When it falls out of my life, I take much worse care of myself. I don't really know why, but it just is. I'm about ready to get an OM tattoo somewhere sublte, but visible to me, so I never ever forget what helps ground me.

(3) Talk. This relates to point No. 1 - if you let people know what you're doing, support appears out of the woodwork. My secretary knows I'm working hard again, and on occasion, she will remind me that its better not to get too many points via grazing from the various candy dishes around the office. No one pushes Girl Scout cookies on me, either (thank goodness).

(4) Moderation. Life would be no fun, and too spartan, without some indulgence, and I'm no Spartan, more Greek. Some things I just won't give up, but I will cut way back. Like red wine (which is almost a health food), chocolate (ditto), and pizza. All of which can be fit into a healthy life, in bites and sips and tastes and portion-controlled servings.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

LOL re the grease marks on your leg - I'd swear I went nowhere near the chain but it's always there!
Well done on mini-goal #1! Good on you!
My problem is I get too satisfied with 'pretty good'(esp eating) - but reading posts like this helps me smarten up :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jammies said...

Way to go! *cheers* I'm with you on the small amounts of luxury health foods. I've decided I'd rather have one Ghirardelli square than a cup of watery no-sugar-added cocoa.

And yes, you can absolutely make your next mini-goal. I'll be cheering you on.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

WOW! GREAT JOB! You have inspired me -- I have been talking the talk for 4 weeks now but not walking the walk. I have gained about 5 lbs and it is NOT good! I will not wait until Monday, but will start journaling tomorrow! Really! Yeah REALLY! :-)

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home