Saturday, December 08, 2007

Some Days I am SOOOOO Blonde!

I hadn't made a swim yet this week (had 2 on the sked, although I would have settled for 1). I switched things around, was very tired one morning, had an early meeting, etc., etc. So I planned I'd swim Friday night after work, when the pool opens up for laps a bit earlier than on most week nights (swim team hogs the pool unil 8PM and even 9PM most nights). Thursday I packed my bag, checked the schedule, and was all ready to go. I had an early meeting Friday morning, so I ended up flying out of the house, and even though it was right there, yep, I left the bag. I would have considered getting re-dressed in my work clothes, but because I only have a mini locker at the Y, I can't keep a bathing suit there, so I had nothing to swim in. What a bummer, but I'm all the more determined to get in a swim next week. I'll probably mix up the sked again and try for the pool on Monday AM, before the week gets away from me.

On another note, because the Austin Longhorn dumped their sprint and olympic distance races, the WW Tri-ers have decided to reschedule our annual get together to the Pumpkinman Triathlon, October 18 in Boulder City, NV. Has anyone out there raced Pumpkinman or the Las Vegas (NV) Tri (held in September, I think). We'd love your feedback -- the bike course looks scary (to me, anyway) -- for the sprint the last half is a long climb up, and 9.3 of the 12+ mile course is climbing. The only consolation is that the times are correspondingly slow, so I guess everyone is in the same boat.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

What marvellous news about your sleep :)
That 'rushing out the door without the bag' thing? You're having my life LOL

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home