Monday, November 12, 2007

I need to become friends with my scale.

We don't have to love each other, but we do need to talk on a regular basis. It's been since the summer that we've had any communication, so when I tried to open up the lines of conversation this morning, the result was horrifying. HORRIFYING (again in that "i've been only fooling myself a certain amount" kind of way).

We all know actions and decisions have consequences and repercussions. And so it is time to deal with the decisions I've made, and start making better ones.

I did have a very nice, surprisingly quick walk this morning. It is quite cool, about 35 degrees, grey and overcast, but no wind. The beach was busy -- it must be the holiday -- with lots of friendly walkers saying hello at every pass. I finished almost the full "beach loop" for a total of 2.58 this morning in a sub-17 pace. For walking, on my second day back, I'll take it.

So, I'm off to work for the rest of the day, but I've:
a. weighed myself
b. exercised
c. made a healthy breakfast and logged the results
d. planned for and made a healthy lunch and snacks

I still need a plan for dinner (out) this evening. I'll probably default to a piece of grilled fish and vegetables.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

I keep my scales in the cupboard and only get them out every 2nd or 3rd day.
I have a chart which lists the things I want to do each week. I know if I keep doing them then the result will be weight loss but crossing off the chart makes it about the habit change rather than the number on the scales. Much better for me since my weight fluctuates so much, damn hormones.
Take care and keep posting

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home