Sunday, November 11, 2007

Project Blue Jeans

Last night getting ready for dinner with friends, I realized precisely how far off track I've gotten. Ok, I do know, but I've purposefully ignored it, pushed it behind the sleep issues, the stacks of work, the personal life crap. Last night, trying to put on my beloved Long 'n Leans, it all came into focus. My jeans no longer fit. Its not that they are just a bit tighter than before. Or that when I zip them up, a little muffin top appears. This time, I couldn't get the snap closed without physically hurting myself. And that, my friends, it a situation that cannot continue.

No, I'm still not sleeping well, despite the CPAP (the dang machine is like torture). In fact, the last few nights have been one of the worst sleeping weekends I've had in months. But that's just how its going to be, I think. And I cannot let that stop me any longer. Nor can the piles of work be an excuse.

I've been slowly improving my eating (although its not yet where it should be). But I haven't really done much on moving my body. That ends today. It ended today in fact. Despite the work looming, the house chores undone, an attack of fall allergies, I did manage a 35 minute walk/run on my favorite trail this afternoon. According to my HRM, its been, well, a long time since I did any purposeful movement. I can't believe how long its been, but no use beating myself up over that.

So, today begins Project Blue Jeans -- I will get comfortably back into my favorite jeans, the ones I used to adore to wear, the ones that made me feel sexy, and fit, and curvy, and fabulous -- by Valentine's Day. That's a hair over three months. It's also, coincidentally, 10 days before the Hyannis 10K, a race I love, and which I plan on racing for the third straight year, in 2008. Given how difficult my August 10K ended up being, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

And oh yeah, tomorrow I have to step on the scale. Something I haven't done since September.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jmroehl said...

Guin - so sorry the sleep issues haven't been resolved. And, the CPAP is making it worse?!? What's up with that? Good for you for getting out there for your run/walk. One step at a time is all it takes. Good to see you on the board, too - we like having you around!

4:49 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

that's rotten about the machine not helping :(
But go you for getting out there, especially with allergies, bleah. Please give yourself credit for what you have achieved - improving your eating is no mean feat (I know!).
I like the quote from Quentin Crisp "housework is a waste of time - after a year or two it doesn't get any worse"
or you could get a cleaner...
Anyway mate keep posting and we will cheer you on into your jeans

6:11 PM  
Blogger Agua said...

That stinks about the sleep. I give you props for getting out there anyway, though, even if you're feeling cruddy. And you've inspired me to start my own Project Blue Jeans, which is long overdue. Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home