Sunday, December 18, 2005

If my body is a temple,

then are my long slow distance runs on Sunday, church?

I don't mean that to be disrespectful in any way. I'm a spiritual person, raised in a church, but struggling with issues with organized religion for some time now. And, I've always felt strongly that devotion doesn't have to be at some set time and place.

Just a musing from today's run, where I set a new distance PR (8 miles - I may still make 10 by the end of the year), and improved my pace from my last 2 longest runs by about 25 seconds a mile. Or maybe I felt guilty, passing the handful of churches I go by on this route, all busy, in the advent season.

Regardless, "my body is my temple" is a thought I need to hang on to during the last two weeks of the year, and as a theme for 2006. Maybe I can get it tatooed around my wrist, like a pretty permanent bracelet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

I think it's as good a church as any, and better than many!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Joe B said...

I have been a long standing parisonar at the church of the holy mile myself. Fortunately, there is room for more people.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home