Saturday, December 03, 2005

Back to calorie counting

I've decided to go back to counting calories, which seems to be the best way for me to lose weight, when I'm very active. I don't mind WW points, but I just don't think I eat enough for my body size and activity level. When I count calories, I shoot for around a 750 calorie deficit per day, but I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. I find I'll self regulate, to an extent. I may have several days where my deficit is less, then I'm not hungry for a day. Or the opposite, I don't eat much for a few days, and it catches up with me later in the week. My challenge right now is working on a 25/50/25 ratio (percent of calories from fat, carbs, and protein).

I'm tracking my daily and weekly deficits, plus my weekly weight loss, in the left sidebar.

1 Comments:

Blogger PuddyRat said...

Whoa, knees! Don't be doing the 750 calorie a day deficit. Try not to do more than 500. Guess high on your food and low on your exercise. Then if you shoot for 500, you'll probably get it (and then some). If you do 750, you may hurt your performance and it can even affect your motivation because you are too danged tired to even consider doing anything. Make sense?

I'll look forward to reading more of your blog...when I have a chance to read them that is.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home