Friday, November 25, 2005

Sorta a race report

Thursday, I ran the Greenspring Valley Turkey Trot in snowy 30 degree weather. A totally relaxed race, no numbers, no timers, no mile markers, no water on the course - just show up, write a check for charity (Crohns/Colitis) and run. It was hilly, my legs felt like lead, I had the beginnings of a cold, and despite all my preparation, I was as slow as ever, but I did finish. The best things about the race were (1) I got to give Brooks Robinson a kiss before I ran, and (2) there was turkey, pie, and birthday cake afterwards.

Next up, a Jingle Bell 5K in a couple of weeks that I plan to run run run, and see where my 5K time is these days. Then maybe the Worcester Main Street Mile on NYE day, if I'm in town. The race sign-up notes it is for "serious runners only." Do I qualify if I'm laughing across the entire course?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home