Saturday, November 12, 2005

Blah

Yesterday I didn't journal, didn't train, and didn't get enough sleep. I wonder if there is a connection between the events.

I had a doc appt late morning, and somehow, lost all focus and concentration thereafter. Went out for a pumpkin latte (tall, NF, no whip only), and Starbucks was closed, which threw me for a loop. After driving around in circles I came home, had lunch, and hung out and read for much ofthe rest of the day.

Approx. menu:

B: RF ricotta, pumpkin butter, sprinkle walnuts, veggie sausage.
L: WW couscous, Pinjur w/ FF yogurt.
D: More couscous and pinjur mix.
S: Triscuits, blue cheese, chocolate, hummus, mini pitas, and I think I had a vita top and some skim, somewhere during the day.

The pinjur gave me some veggies, but there is zero fruit. What is *up* with that? Maybe I'm eating too much sugar, and so not needing/wanting the fruit. If so, I should cut my sugar way back, and see if that changes my appetites a bit.

Today is another chance to do better, and I'm going to head out for a run as soon as I finish my tea.

One note from the doctor's office. 15 months after my last visit, I am 30 pounds lighter. Slow progress, but its progress, so I'll take it. The challenge for me will be to see how much lighter I can get before my next visit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

I think 30 pounds in 15 months is pretty damn good.

Just a thought as a fellow triathlete who also has weight loss goals:

1) try making a smoothie with sugar free yogurt and frozen fruit if you want to get more fruit in your diet. If sugar free yogurt tastes bad, try the low fat vanilla yogurt

2) IMHO, weight watchers excercise formula doesn't come close to estimating the amount of calories you burn, especially for workouts over 45 minutes. A big calorie deficit can catch up with you.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home