Thursday, November 17, 2005

Almost Home

I saw my life this morning
Lying at the bottom of a drawer
All this stuff I'm saving
God knows what this junk is for
And whatever I believed in
This is all I have to show
What the hell were all reasons
For holding on for such dear life
Here's where I let go

I'm not running
I'm not hiding
I'm not reaching
I'm just resting in the arms of the great wide open
Gonna pull my soul in
And I'm almost home

So why is a Mary Chapin Carpenter song relevant to today? A couple of reasons, really. I was gritting my teeth through the last couple of miles of today's 7 miler, and the song popped into my head. I love the song, and started singing it, to motivate myself to get home without stopping. I was also thinking about Emma, my little kitty, who has been sick and in the hospital. After my run, I was going to be able to head to the Vet's to pick her up and bring her home. Finally, I was thinking about the week ahead and the Thanksgiving holiday. All next week I'll be "home" in Baltimore, visiting with family and friends. I haven't been back for that much time in quite a while, so I'm looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home