Saturday, December 03, 2005

Could I have some cheese with my whine?

I admit it, I'm whining this morning. I really need to do an 8 mile long run today. I was supposed to hit 8 miles last week, but with the holiday madness, it wasn't possible. This past week, I haven't run at all -- I've been sick, blue, job hunting, and ferrying Emma back and forth to the vet. It's going to snow tomorrow, and maybe again Mon/Tues, so I've got to do it today.

But, I've got zero motivation. I'm cold. It's 30 degrees and super windy out there. Winter has arrived at the beach. I'd much rather stay inside and do the dishes, hang up clothes, and attend to my house. Oh heck, I'd really actually like to curl up on the couch and read, watch old episodes of Sex and the City, or listen to Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

I don't even have an 8 mile route planned out yet. I've got 2, 3.5, 4, 5, and 7, but not 8, 9 or 10 (unless I run all the way to the Library and back, which I'm considering). I think the Yacht Club is 4 miles up the beach, so I could, perhaps, run out and back. But I'd be along the beach most of the way, and as I whined earlier, its cold and windy. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

There is nothing else stopping me, just my head, and my cold fingers. Maybe I'll hop in the car, get some hot tea, and try to warm up while I scout routes.


Update: Warming up in the car helped get me out the door, but it was tough to stay warm. I ran 5, my body just wasn't up for more. I'll try for 8 one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home