Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tagged - OY!

Ok, so yesterday (or early this morning) Ms. Puddy tagged me. I'm not entirely sure what that means -- I have yet to be tagged -- but Puddy posted 5 things no one knew about her. Since I am such a rambling blogger, I doubt I have any great big secrets. So, how about sharing these:

1. Your favorite holiday memory.
2. Your favorite holiday cookie or treat.
3. Where you will be over the holidays.
4. Your favorite holiday song or carol.
5. A special holiday tradition in your family.

(NB: I am using "holiday" rather than Christmas to be inclusive, not politically correct. It can include any winter celebration, from Christmas to New Years to the Solstice. My family celebrates more than one winter holiday, as I expect, do many families).

Here are mine:

1. My family moved to Connecticut (from Maryland) when I was five. That first Christmas, my parents surprised my sister and I by bringing up my Grandparents, and several Aunts and Uncles, on the train. I'll never forget the feeling of a big family slumber party that year.

2. Kipfeln, an Austrian cookie with a chopped nut filling, that my grandmother used to make. I'm a big fan of eggnog, too.

3. Connecticut, and then NYC for New Years.

4. I love Elvis' Blue Christmas, and almost any traditional carol.

5. Cookie baking get-togethers. I've done several with my best friend in Chicago, and also with my Mom and sister, here at my house. It's always a ton of work and even more fun.

So, now its my turn to tag. Congrats folks, and get into the holiday spirit, y'all are IT: Ellie's Journeys,Triathlon Rookie,TRI and Be Happy,Sunset Cat Tri,Wombatq the Trollathlete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home