Saturday, December 10, 2005

Emma The Chow Cat

On Thursday, I lost my beautiful baby girl, after she contracted a virulent strain of meningitis. I'm devastated, and my house seems so quiet and cold without her sweet furry face, her purr, her help with my yoga practice (she was an expert at cat pose), her funny snoring, and her dancing around every morning asking to be fed (how do you think she got her name!).

Needless to say, I haven't felt like doing much the last several days. I've become great friends with my couch, and the programming on TV after 11 PM. I'm trying to take advantage of the bright sunny skies this morning to find a little motivation for training, Christmas cards, a walk, or even just the laundry and dishes. It doesn't really matter, I just want to accomplish *something* today, to feel a little more normal.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe B said...

I'm sorry to here about emma. I can't imagine if Henry or Cassidy were not in the house.

5:47 PM  
Blogger PuddyRat said...

Oh, Guin! I'm so sorry. Please know that I am grieving right there beside you. My heart truly goes out to you, most especially after what I've just been through with my Puddy. A big {{{{{{HUG}}}}} to you.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

How terrible to lose her suddenly. I'm very sorry to hear the news.

3:17 PM  
Blogger :) said...

So sorry for your loss...

Know that she loved you!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Flo said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how sad it is to lose a beloved pet. flatman's right, know she loved you and she's waiting for you in heaven. Because if there is a heaven you know animals get in without question ;)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Aww, I'm so sorry about your kitty. It sure makes the house feel lonely without them, I know. I miss mine.

3:17 PM  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Oh, oh, oh - I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty. I'm so so sorry.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home