Monday, January 15, 2007

Running in "Weather"

It's a cold, windy rain, that blows no good. 37 degrees, windy, and rather wet for this morning's jaunt.

In order to insulate myself against the elements, I wore the following:

Enell bra
Polar HRM strap (I love love love the soft strap!)
Long sleeved technical running T
Wind-proof running tights
Wool socks
Trail shoes w/ Polar foot pod
Polar RS200SD HRM wrist unit
Waterproof anorak shell (but not breathable)
Wool hat
Technical fabric buff around my neck
180s convertible running gloves

Just for the record, I did a slow 2.1 miles, in 30:28, and ran most of it. That's a 14:32 pace, and at some point I was running at a 12:12 (my "max" pace according to the computer. Nice to know I have that in me somewhere). Average HR 160 (good), max 187 (hit that running up the hill to my house, at the end of the run). I burned somewhere close t0 300 calories.

Now, off to the shower, and my town's MLK - No Place For Hate - Pancake Brekky!

1 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

Ooooh brrrrr!
Good on you for even going out when yu needed all of those clothes!BTW thanks for the comment on my page - the chafing was from the perished elastic moving on my damp legs so new shorts hsould fix it, but I will look for bodyglide (ow ow ow)

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home