Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Moon Over Hull, and Another Run

The Moon: Gorgeous full moon last night, and again this morning, when I went out for my run. It was hanging low, just over the ocean when I got back to Hull after work. The glow on the ocean, which was flat and calm, was as bright as if it were frozen and white.

This morning, the moon was hanging just over the sidewalk I ran, heading north up the peninsula. I wish I had brought my camera to take a picture, but I'll have the image in my mind, anyway.

The Run: 3 miles, easy pace, which felt good and comfortable. I think this is about where I should be on my LSD days, maybe even a teeny bit slower. My goal this first month back is to be consistent in moving my body, but not to worry about speed or exact distance too much. I just want to feel good, and ease my body back into a regular routine, and stay injury free. I'm still dealing with nagging achilles pain, and I have to get that straightened out.

Mile 1: 14:14
Mile 2 (walk): 13:52 (I cut it a little short)
Mile 3: 14:01 - negative split, woohoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Great job! That's a great pace for an LSD, a little bit faster than my first half marathons. Consistency really is the key. Better to keep the achilles happy and complete all your workouts in a month than miss due to injury or burnout.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home