Sunday, December 31, 2006

Geeked, or, my NYE Tri

As noted earlier, I signed up for TGK's Virtual Tri-Geek Challenge to be completed on New Year's Day (or NYE or 1/2, depending on your schedule). The rules are simple - pick some distances, and then go do them, and include some pictures, too!

I had to "race" today, as my gym is closed on the first, and there is no way I could do this outside. Too COLD!!!



I raced alone, so there was no one but me to take pics, so here I am, starting out for the gym.


Raced, showered, saunaed, dressed, and ready to head off to my post-race lunch at Wendy's. Taco salad and small frosty, here I come!




Since I was racing inside, and on my own time, I did a "reverse" tri, starting with the run and ending with the pool. I also didn't count the time to get down to the locker room, out of my shorts and shirt, and into my suit, as part of the T2 time. Finally, I cut my run short from what I had signed up for, and I'm glad I did. My achilles was screaming, half-way through the bike, and my hip ached all through the pool. Better to cut back a tad, than start the new year fighting off injuries again. I mean, I am still dealing with them, but its manageable, and I don't want to get worse before I get better.

The numbers:

Run - 2 miles -- 27:45
T1 - 1:31
Bike - 10 miles - 28:52
T2 - :51
Swim - 800 yds -- 21:05
TOTAL: 1:20:03

NB: I am *terrible* on the treadmill, and the bike was blazing fast because I was using the indoor stationary bike. I can't ride close to that speed outside, when I'm hauling my body weight around.

A fun "event" and I'm looking forward to trying this again, as a way to measure my fitness progress throughout the year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Way to go, girl! That's a great start to the year!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home