Monday, January 01, 2007

Get Lighter, Get Stronger, Get Faster

2007's mantra and theme.

In order to implement this mode for the year, I will do the following:

  • Eat high quality foods (CORE on WW) - fruits, veggies, whole grains, low fat dairy, lean proteins, and tea instead of coffee, limiting sugar, fat, and white flour.

  • Log my food daily, and eat based on hunger, not desire.

  • Be consistent in my training. Make a plan and stick to it.

  • Work harder at my strength training, to help avoid injury.

  • Be persistent, and continue to work on mental toughness issues. If I can focus on, and buckle down for work, I can do the same for my own life.

  • Know when to say "no." Don't take on too much.

  • Stay organized, do a little every day if necessary.

  • Get enough sleep. Figure out the sleep issues, and get to a consistent 7.5 hours a night.

  • Never forget to have fun!


  • If I do all of these things consistently, I plan to lose 50 additional pounds this year (or something close to that), race in and complete my first half marathon, and complete at least 2 more sprint triathlons, improving my times so I can shoot for my first Oly in 2008. Finally, I'd like to become a more confident, skilled cyclist.

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

    Those are great goals! Looks like we all have a big year planned.

    By the way, I loved your answer to the random question in your profile. Lionesses do know everything, obviously. :)

    9:08 AM  
    Blogger Miss Rachel said...

    You can do it - here's to a great year!

    6:57 AM  
    Blogger Robin said...

    Happy New Year! I LOVE your theme. I might take it on, too! I'm finally back counting, as it was creeping up and I need to loose 20 - 25 lbs now. MIght switch to core later, but for now, I am counting again. Curious as to what you are doing for strength training. Good luck at Hyannis! I was thinking about it, but decided against it. I start an indoor cycling class tonight! Woo-hoo! I needed some motivation to get on my trainer!

    10:48 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home