Sunday, January 07, 2007

Darker Before Dawn

It's been a rough few days, I'll leave it at that. My fever, which peaked at almost 103, finally broke on Saturday and I got out of the house today. Ridiculous girl that I am, I went to the track to calibrate my new Polar RS200SD HRM, which arrived (of course) on Thursday. I couldn't leave the toy alone, so I went and did 4 slow walking laps of the track. A glacial 21 min/mile pace.

Since I had a bit of cabin fever, I went over to TJMaxx to look for a new pair of sunglasses. I've been wearing my sliders for everyday wear, and I want something a little girlier. Well, I found glasses, a funky hat, and a pair of glorious Via Spiga kitten-heeled black slingbacks with patent toe caps on major clearance ($198 shoes for $36). Who says you can't be an athlete, and a girlie-girl, all at once!

So now I'm back on the couch for the rest of the day. I need a nap I'm so wiped out, but it was worth it :-)

Edited to add: Nancy, a pic of the shoes (and heels) just for you :-)


5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

What are kitten heels? I'm such a clothing dork, I don't even know the jargon!

Glad you're on the mend!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

LOL! Thanks! Huh, and I thought those cute little numbers were called "ankle-breakers". :-)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Cute shoes. Need the shoes.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

OMG those are cute shoes. I want those shoes.

3:44 PM  
Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Pretty pretty pretty shoes!!

You can SO be a triathlete and a girly girl - you just need more closet space for shoes : D

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home