Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"The" Menagerie

Doesn't she look comfy, in "my" spot on the couch. That's two meeses, two dogs (because every cat needs dogs to torture), a frog, and a trout. Mmmm, trout!



About to torture her "pets."

You will note, I didn't call any of it "my" menagerie. Most days, I doubt I even own the cat. I feed her, pay to keep her warm (or cool) during the day when I'm at work, and hire someone to come in and amuse her when I'm out of town. In return, she graces me with her presence on my bed, and on my hip when its particularly cool outside. She even greets me when I come home, which pretty much makes it all worth while.

As for the stuffies, I used to have many, I was an animal girl! When I left DC to go to law school, I packed up all of them into big green trash bags (I filled several) and took them to a house for aids babies. I only have a few, really sentimental ones left, and they are packed away in a cedar chest.

Thanks Linea, for the idea!


2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah, she only let's you borrow the menagerie, and your house for that matter. Thank goodeness you feed her or you could be evicted. :):)

And what's this with you having more miles run than me this week? :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jammies said...

Wow, she's beautiful! My dogs are agreeing and asking if I'll get them one of those to cuddle and play with. *grin*

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home