Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Goal for this week: Stay even keeled

I'm in the middle of trying to get a big brief out the door at the end of next week and the stress is starting to build. This is the first *big* brief at this firm, and I want it to be spectacular. Of course, it's not. Yet. Mostly, because I've had writers block and I'm not happy with my draft so far. Nor is it where I had hoped it would be by this week. The crazy dreams are setting in, its harder to get out the door to run or bike or do anything, and making good choices becomes harder. I just want to curl up in a ball and have it all be over -- but of course I can't. I can't stop my life, nor can I stop doing all the good things I've been doing for myself lately.

What I can do is to try and limit the rest of the stresses in my life. I can try to simplify. I can stop taking on too much. I can recognize that I need time and focus to make this document get to where it needs to be.

So, I've got my om necklace on for the duration. I will remember to breathe. I will take a walk whenever I can, and a run would be good too. I will eat healthily and count my stinking points. I will limit my social invitations until the brief is filed, so I can keep my focus. And I will write, write, write, as much as I can, wherever I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jammies said...

Go you! I know you can do this.

*forms a cheering section in one corner*

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home