Friday, September 29, 2006

One step forward, two back.

I've been sick, and it came out of nowhere. I was feeling *fabulous* on Tuesday, and ready to get back to running. On Wednesday, I woke up with a sore throat and sniffles, that has turned into aa continued sore throat, aches, sniffles and an occasional cough. Blech. I was so tired yesterday that when I got home around 5:30 I fell into bed and slept for 2 hours. Up to watch Survivor (my guilty pleasure) and Grey's Anatomy (everyone's guilty pleasure), and then back to sleep until 7 this morning. I've been dragging all day today, but had to stick around the office to hand-hold a client through the final process of getting a settlement agreement signed and filed with the Court.

No one likes being sick, and it really makes me cranky these days, because it rarely happens. And on top of feeling cruddy, I am having a terrible eating week. I managed *not* to order pizza last night, but I scarfed down more than one skinny cow ice cream sammy instead. I really need to figure out how to be strong, when the rest of me is feeling weak. Right now, I'm not doing great at it. And yeah, I ordered pizza tonight *and* cracked open a bottle of wine. Sheesh, you'd think I'd know better.

As my heroine Scarlett O'Hara likes to say, "tomorrow is another day!" And at least the skinny cows are gone :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home