Saturday, August 05, 2006

Violated!

My house was broken into while I was at work yesterday (they cut a screen and came in through an open window). Took my new laptop & nothing else. I've cancelled credit cards, changed on-line banking info (and added an additional level of security), reported stolen to Dell (maybe they can track it); changed other passwords. Oh, and shut and locked al my windows (which sucks, because we finally have lovely weather, and I hate AC). Anything else I can do to protect myself? Like lots of people, there was a ton of personal information on that computer and I feel very exposed.

At least they didn't take my bike (which is worth 2x the computer), probably because it wouldn't fit through the window. Of course, they saw it there (its in my office), so who knows if they will be back. AGGGHHHH, I'm soooooo creeped out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Ugh. I just now read this. This sucks so badly. I had this happen to me once; like you, I felt completely exposed afterwards. I hope you're doing well.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home