Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth, y'all!


In between working like a madwoman, trying to get in some triathlon training, and attempting a life on top of that, blogging has fallen a dismal, well, somewhere at the bottom of the list. But I wanted to say hello to my friends in blog-land, and let them know I think of them and even occasionally scan their blogs. I've just been nuts lately, with too little free time. But here's some of what I've been up to:

1. Billed 220+ hours in June.

2. Worked every day but 3.

3. Managed a couple of decent bike rides and runs. Not enough, but I'm learning, there is almost never *enough.* I'm comfy in the 15-20 mile distance on my bike, which is an improvement from last year when 10-12 was my "regular" ride. Running, 4-5 seems to be a good distance for me right now, also an improvement from last year when it was 2-3. Small victories, right!

4. Ran the Hingham 4th of July Road Race this morning. Almost the same time as last year, but this time I was about 3 minutes behind the field crossing the start line (no chips in this race), so I'm calling it a 1:05 and a PR. Cute, how I managed that, huh ;-) Over 2000 entries this year, and no water by the time I finished the race. I was mightly cranky, and I'll be writing the race directors to let them know they need to plan better. And stop early finishers from taking more water than they need.

5. Confirmed I *will* be racing Musselman in 12 days. Gulp. I'm not trained as much as I want and need, but I know I can do it, and so I will. Meeting up with the WW Tri-ers will be a BLAST. We're being interviewed as a group as part of the race publicity, and will be introduced at the pasta dinner the night before. I imagine the 15 of us have probably lost 3-400 pounds as a group, if not more. Someone is totaling that up.

6. Spent more time with my nephews, pics to follow at a later date.

7. Switched over to all Cliff products -- gels, sports drink, and I *love* those salty Mojo bars after a hot run or ride. 90% organic, I don't burp from them, and they are regularly on sale. Works for me!

8. An uncle had a minor (if you can even really use that adjective in this context) heart attack last night. He's fine, they did an angioplasty and got rid of some blockage, and he'll be home tomorrow. But its yet one more reminder of why I need to stay focussed on my training and my eating and my weight loss. Too many heart issues on both sides of the family.

9. Still can't find the right combinations of tri-shorts and top, but I'm getting there. Every top rides up, unless its pretty loose and long, which doesn't work for the swim. My problem is a curvy shape, with hips and b00bs, and a narrower waist -- everything ends up under my, er, bra bottom. Including my fuel belt, which I officially hate. Any ideas?

10. A couple of open-water swims in 58-64 degree water, logged. The 70 of Seneca lake will feel like a warm bath.

11. Heading into Boston for a party on a roof deck overlooking the Pops and the fireworks. I better get moving!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

You've been busy! Have fun for the 4th Pops concert - I did that a couple of years in Boston long ago.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home