Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dream races

We all have them. They are part of what makes us get up at 5 in the morning, or turn our nose up at the chocolate donut, or lift a few more weights, or stay on the bike another 30 minutes. What are the races where you hope to compete some day?

Here are mine, ranked from more realistic/closer in time, to those that are still far off dreams:
1). Baltimore Half Mary (hope to run that this fall)
2). Chicago Accenture Oly Tri (next year?)
3). Bath Shipbuilders Oly Tri (2007)
4). Wildflower (2008?)
5). Timberman Half Iron (2008 or 09)
6). Paris Marathon & Maine Marathon (2009)

Part of the reasoning/rationale for these choices is that I want to race in places where I spent time as the old, heavy, unathletic me, so I can reintroduce myself as the lighter, healthier, athletic me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Great idea! My racing dreams include finishing Ironman Florida in 2007, the New York Marathon, and Ironman Hawaii. My beyond belief dreams include qualifying for both Ironman Hawaii and the Boston Marathon, not necessarily the same year. :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Ooh, I hadn't heard of the Bath race - sounds fun!

Marathons - lots. Big Sur, Corning, LA, Honolulu, Portland.... maybe Kona, since I won't get in IMHawaii even in my wildest dreams!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home