Monday, May 15, 2006

Counting up the damage.

Over the last weekend, we had as much as 14 inches of rain across Massachusetts. I'm pretty sure we got close to that here, as my watering can was half full when I went out this morning. That's after a rainy, foggy, week, too. There was so much standing water, roads were closed. Needless to say, I didn't go too far -- which includes the gym, so no swimming, or treadmill running or biking (I'm *not* sacrificing the new tires to the trainer, so sue me). I managed some stretching for my achilles, and some core work.

I also shopped on-line. A LOT.

Along with the aerobars and new cycling shorts I reported below, I also got: a new gym bag, a new speedo to replace the one stolen at the gym (my fault, I left it drying in the sauna for too long), 2 pairs of work pants, silver/turquoise summer sandals, a cassis-colored summer dress (I'm an optomist, it *has* to get here) , a turquoise summer top, and a black swim skirt, so I can wear my speedo to the beach. I actually didn't spend all that much, between sales, and coupons and bargain shopping. It's been a while since I did a big shop, and it was FUN. I can't wait for all the packages to get here over the next 10 days!

The good news is that I also cooked some terrific healthy food for the week: Carrot salad in a cumin-orange dressing; Eggplant-Chickpea tagine; Olive-Almond pesto; breakfast wheat couscous (with almonds and dried cherries, blueberries, and raspberries); extra plain wheat couscous; and a big batch of grilled veggies. That should help make the week simple, and I can make the gym regularly for indoor training, as it is supposed to continue raining until Thursday.

I think its a good thing I'm headed to the gym after work, I've obviously got some ENERGY to release.

3 Comments:

Blogger PuddyRat said...

Hey, Knees! Trying to catch up. Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend even if it was raining buckets (been there, done that). I love going shopping on-line and having all those packages show up at my house. The UPS and FedEx guys know who I am. Of course, they know me because they also deliver to my work (LOL); in fact, they sometimes will deliver to me at work rather than go to my home. Too funny.

Have fun with all your knew purchases!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

It's shopping fun? I'm interested in the idea that it's your "fault" that someone stole you bag. It's certainly your responsibility, but not your "fault" that someone decided to act like a turd.

5:38 PM  
Blogger KLN said...

Ok Misty, you're correct. It's definitely my responsibility that I left my suit in a vulnerable place, and no one did have to act like a turd. Years ago at this Y, you'd see lost/left stuff hanging around for ages. Now, apparently, it disappears immediately, if its not locked up. What a shame.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home