Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mussel, Mussel, Man. I Wanna Be A Mussel-Man!




The four WW Mussel Sprinters, Sunday morning, before our wave went off. We were all in the 40+ wave, if you can believe it!

Race report to follow. The short version is that it was HOT HOT HOT, but LOTS of fun!

August 1, 2006: I've been mulling this race over and over, and I'm not writing an "official" race report. Why? Because I was disappointed -- not so much in my results, but in my effort in preparing for the race. I didn't train enough, or properly. I haven't shed the winter pounds. I did get out there and race, and I finished, and I wasn't last and for that I am proud. Three years ago, I never would have made the start, much less the finish.

My record at Musselman is what it is. My line looks like this: SWIM (500 yds) 15:10 / T1 4:06 / BIKE (15 mi) 1:17:03 / T2 2:51 / RUN (3 mi) 51:56 / TOTAL 2:31:06

I can do better, and I will. Next up - a training 10K in Maine in August, the Hyannis Sprint II, which I love, and my big (and LAST) race of the season - the Baltimore Running Festival Half Marathon. Wish me luck, and more importantly, wish me good solid training!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home