Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday QOTD

Did is a word of achievement,
Won't is a word of retreat,
Might is a word of bereavement,
Can't is a word of defeat,
Ought is a word of duty,
Try is a word of each hour,
Will is a word of beauty,
Can is a word of power.

*Unknown Author*

This quote follows on an exchange between two Tri-DRS this week, which resulted in a fabulous piece of advice:

What we do hurts. What we do makes us freaking tired. What we do makes our skin, bones, muscles and mind ache.

You have to quit worrying about training and just do it. Some runs suck, some runs are of another world.

You use words like...I can't...I don't want to...if only I...take those words the hell out of you vocabulary and replace them with...I can...I will...I have...until you remove the negative atmosphere around your workouts you will never find the sweet spot.

And that kinds is another lesson in JFR

Kurt
Thank you Kurt, letting go of the "I can'ts" is something I also need to remember, to work on, and to do better with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home