Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hub On Wheels: Cancelled

It's cold, windy, rain was forecast, and I'm still getting over my cold, but I geared up, loaded my bike and headed into Boston. On the way, I chatted with the friend who got me to sign up for this ride. She was bagging, so I turned around a went home. But instead of going inside, I took my bike off the rack and hopped on for a ride up the peninsula. I live on a narrow little peninsula that runs from SW to NE, poking into Massachusetts Bay & Boston Harbor. It started raining as soon as I turned around and headed home. Still, I rode. The rain wasn't bad -- on and off in showers. The wind was nuts. I flew up the peninsula, making pretty good speed for me without riding too hard. Coming back, my speed dropped 5 mph with the headwinds. Wow.

So its 9AM on a nasty Sunday. I've ridden, had my coffee, and logged my miles. Time for a shower, my warmest cuddliest robe, and a movie :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger TriZilla said...

wow, I admire your will! Good for you for getting out there, getting your ride in, and then treating yourself to some much deserved pampering! It was comfy clothes and slippers for me Sunday too! :) Hope you're feeling better now!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home