Friday, April 28, 2006

Consistency

More cribbed material, but also good stuff. The original post was relating to Masters swimming, but it also applies to triathlon. Consistency *has* been the bane of my existence lately. As I told my coach the other night, I can out together 4 or 5 good solid days of training, but then I have 4 or 5 days in a row of little or no effort. Putting it all together is what I'm trying to do. My "A" race is in July (Musselman), and I'd like to have one earlier race under my belt first (Webster Lake, in June), where I raced hard, and had solid training to rely on.

Consistency is the act of often showing up to train and rarely missing training sessions.

Consistency goes beyond just showing up, it also flows into what you do in training once you show up.

Consistency means training focused, hard and smart. You do what you need to do how you need to do it when you need to do it.

It means you manage your energy well during the training sessions. Coaches have reasons they assign particular sets (or other training tasks).

Consistency means giving your all in training when that's what you'resupposed to do.

Consistency means setting high standards and striving to accomplish them, especially when you don't feel like it or when you're having an"off" day.

Consistently splitting your practice swims (or training sessions) correctly, and consistenty using proper form

Consistency is being mentally tough. Consistently stepping up. Consistently redefining your limits. Consistently discovering what you are capable of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Consistency - that's the bane of my existence. So is laziness. I'm not sure which is the more responsbile for my procrastination!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home