Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A nice run tonight.

Gorgeous evening with warm sun and a cool steady breeze. The wind kicked up enough waves so there were packs of surfers out and about, and that slight vapor/fog, right along the beach. I ran at least 3, and I think it may have been a tad longer. With a new strategy (5 minute warm up, then run 5/walk 1, slowly inceasing the intensity and speed of the run portion), I managed somewhere between a 12:42 and a 13:30 pace. That includes a 7-8 minute walk portion after the halfway point, where I had to make an off-road construction detour. Sub-13 would be super for me, so I'm going to try that same strategy again in my next run. I was pretty wiped by the last 5 minute section, so I think I was probably broke my standard 13-minute-mile. Next time, I'll try a route without a detour, where I'm more sure of the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home