Saturday, April 22, 2006

Totally whacked out scale.

I am *not* one of those people who weighs every day (usually). But since part of this journey is about losing weight, a reliable scale is a necessary tool. Unfortunately, my WW scale has been a tad inconsistent lately, with my reported weight swinging as much as 8-10 pounds. Today, it was absolutely possessed. My weights went: X, X+6, X+12, X+4, X+13, X+1. Think I need a new one?

Anybody have a recommendation? I'm not going to spend $120 bucks on a Tanita labelled "Ironman," but is there a more reasonable Tanita out there, which will fit the bill, and get me reliable weekly measurements of weight and body fat? And does "athlete" mode matter? Or am I still too heavy for it to make one bit of difference for me.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Surely, there are some scale-obsessed triathletes out there :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

There is indeed some reasonably priced Tanitas out there - you pay extra for the Ironman logo. Just go to froogle.com and type in tanita scale and see what pops up.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home