Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Foot cramps

I have always gotten them, mostly when swimming, but occasionally other times. I eat well balanced meals, with lots of fruits and veggies, so I feel like I get all the essential vitamins and minerals. I rarely wear heels. So why on Monday afternoon did I get such intense foot cramps in the pool that I had to quit my swim after only 900 yards? They came in *waves* which is a recent development in the word of my foot cramps. Any thoughts on what I need to add into my routine/do differently?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

Ow!
Sorry, no advice for you - I've started getting the occasional calf cramp but I KNOW that's b/c I've been slack about stretching. How's your calf flexibility?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Rachel said...

Ouch - I hate those too. When I get them it's usually in the evening after a workout. I think (for me) it's caused by insufficient hydration. Could that be it for you?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

I've had foot cramps while swimming too. Mine usually cramp when my feet are tired. Make sure you're not pushing off the wall too hard when you turn.

7:08 AM  
Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I used to get those a lot when I swam. Not sure why, but they'd always stop me in my tracks. Not sure if there's a connection or not, but I don't get them any more and these days I'm very vigilant about stretching.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home