Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finding the golden mean

It's all about balance, isn't it? Something that my Starbucks latte cup reminded me of this morning.

The good life is the middle way:
Between ambition and compromise;
Between action and reflection;
Between company and solitude;
Between hedonism and abstinence;
Between gluttony and consciousness;
Between passion and judgment;
Between love and hate;
Between discipline and lazyness;
Between the cup of coffee and the bottle of wine.

Modified from the cup, credit to Jay McInerey, author.

2 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

I read this really good post about do I really love food recently and it's given me a lot to think about

http://alittlelisa.blogspot.com/2007/01/diet-survivors-meditation.html

cheers and thanks for the comment on my page :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I love it! Life wisdome on a starbucks cup. Wheeeeee!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home