Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Winter has finally arrived in New England. Ten degrees this morning when I got up to run, and minus 5 with the windchill, plus patches of black ice everywhere. Still, I geared up - extra fleece, extra wool -- and headed out. I was going down the hill to the beach for my usual loop run and the cold wind made my head ache so badly I turned around. I thought briefly about the gym, but I already had far too many layers on for inside. Instead, I kept to my neighborhood, where the houses blocked some of the wind. 15 minutes later, my legs feeling like blocks of ice, I finished a short loop and came inside.

The good news: torso, head, feet at stayed warm. I just need another layer on the bottom, which is tough when I'm already wearing winter weight, wind-proof, tight tights.

Anyway, at least I got up and tried, which is the main point of this month.

Hey, did I mention its cold out?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Way to gut it out!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home