Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lucky me,

another morning in the pool :-)

Because I needed to come into work later than normal, I slept until 6 and then went to the Y for another swimming session. Not crowded today at all. In fact, I had a lane to myself for most of my workout. I ended up swimming about an hour of drills and 1600M of laps. My longest and furtherest swim of the year, so far!

One thing I continue to work on is my bilateral breathing. I roll easily to the right, keeping my head low, and just bring my mouth out on the left to breathe. It feels comfortable and natural. But when I roll to left and turn my head right, you'd think I had anchors on my feet and head. I flounder, sink, and never feel like I get a good breath. I feel so dang awkward! Anyway, I spent a bit of time swimming on my left side, or only breathing on the right, to try and get more comfortable with the whole idea. Any thoughts, ideas, or good drills to try?

1 Comments:

Blogger bari said...

I'm a bit behind here... Just wanted to suggest one-arm drills for bilateral breathing. Keep one arm in front of you and pull with the other arm, breathing to the side of the arm that you're pulling with. You can also keep one arm at your side and breathe to the side of the arm that's not moving (this drill is harder). In addition to helping you work on your bilateral breathing, both drills will also help make sure you're pulling under your body, rather than to the side (one of my problems).

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home