Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Swimming, I do so love it.

I've been snarly the last few days. A couple of things haven't worked out too well for me, one of which was rather painful. But, I didn't cope by running to food, which is a small victory. And, I got my backside out of bed this morning and hit the pool before work.

I got to the pool about 10 minutes later than I had hoped, and it was jammed. I went to swim in the small pool, and was inceremoniously hauled out after one lap. So the snarling continued. The guard did promise to get a lane circling, that I could work into, and so she did. Although it was a challenge to swim with one fast lap swimmer, one medium (me), and one poker-alonger. After getting passed a couple of times, poker-alonger jumped out and snarled down at the two of us still swimming. Whatever - 10 minutes in the water and I'm feeling MUCH better.

A couple of minutes later an older lady pops into the lane, pays no attention (or does not see) there are already two swimmers, and starts backstroking up the lane. Fast swimmer is heading down the lane. I was at the end by then, and the guard and I yelled to warn them. But the collision was inevitable. Luckily, it was at a pretty slow speed. Backstroker finished her lap, and then continued to impeed the rest of use for another 15 minutes. But I'm warmed up, feeling reasonably good, and just swimming my workout - dodging backstroker when necessary, and letting fast swimmer pass me at the ends. Backstroker finally quit, and snarled at me as she jumped out of the pool.

Whatever lady, I'm chilled, relaxed, enjoying the feel of the water along my body. Have a nice day I smile back at her. I finished up, gave myself the gift of the sauna for 10 minutes, showered and dressed, then hit the T for the ride into work. After all the obstructions of the morning, it was smooth as silk getting here.

Coffee in hand, computer ready, and I'm feeling fine.

Have a lovely day, y'all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Good for you!!! These are the days that really made a difference. You made your workout, you found productive ways to deal with snarliness instead of food. Great job.

As for backstroke lady, get a life. We all have to share. Move on.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I'd have to say swimming is the favorite part of my training. I love how refreshed I feel after getting out of the water. The rythem of it, getting into the flow of a nice smooth stroke - it's fabulous. I'm looking foward to being able to swim again in a couple weeks.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

My pool workout sucked yesteday too..because of the "floaters". Glad you got in your workout and all is well with the world now!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home