Thursday, February 02, 2006

Goals and Motivation

My January training was pathetic (see sidebar for mileage total), so I'm going to try something different in February. I'm going to choose some achieveable hourly goal totals for each sport, for each week. I've got some constraints to deal with - I'm away twice for four days each time (including one day of travel), where I won't have access to bike or pool, which means I have no more than 23 training days available. And at the moment, I'm doing a project for a firm in Boston which means I'm commuting, i.e., out the door before 7, don't get home before 7:30, and there are no long breaks during the day.

This is what I think is achieveable this month (and if my project ends early, perhaps I can find a few more hours):

RUNNING: 3.0 hours per week
CYCLING: 2.0 hours per week
SWIMMING: 2.0 hours per week
CORE/STRENGTH: 1.5 hours per week

OK, based on some comments, and how exhausted I am tonight, I'm going to scale that schedule back a bit. I really do want to ACHIEVE these goals, and then build on that success!

February Weekly Goals:
RUNNING: 2.0 hours per week
CYCLING: 2.0 hours per week
SWIMMING: 1.5 hours per week
CORE/STRENGTH: 1.5 hours per week

1 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Are you following a plan? Some are based on distance and some on time; I've found it really helpful to be following some sort of plan to prepare for a specific distance (Olympic, Half-iron, iron, etc). This month HerSports has a good half-iron training plan in it. Just a thought! Good luck!

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home