Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Building on *That Feeling*

Despite its challenges, or because of, Sunday's race has gotten me more excited and energized for the 2006 season than I've felt in ages. I'm sore sore sore, so drinking tons of water, and taking a few advil, but I WILL hit the trainer tonight and the pool tomorrow.

Updating my race schedule, I've added an Easter 5K. Who can resist a race called "The Bunny Boogie!" I'm also seriously thinking of adding a pool-based super sprint in May. Have any of you raced in pool-based sprints, and how do they work?

Any of you New Englanders interested in joining me at the Sudbury Spring Sprint on May 14 at 8AM? It's a 400 yard pool swim, 7 mile bike, and 2.3 mile run. A nice little race to get the blood flowing, and the heart pumping, for the outdoor season!

3 Comments:

Blogger Born To Endure said...

Yes!! One thing about swimming is that it acts as a "free massage" for those tired and sore legs..have fun..:-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Glad to hear you're getting your mojo back! Yep, entering races always gets me more psyched!! Even the little local 5Ks help me stay motivated.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Joe B said...

I might join you. I will need the practice.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home