Sunday, June 08, 2008

Another season already?

Post-Memorial Day, multiple 90-degree days, lines of cars rolling into Hull (but yes I went into the less-than-60-degree water). Oh yes, summer is here. Gentlemen, start your engines -- here I go again -- yet another re-start.


I'm tired of telling everyone how busy I am, but this week was the confluence of building my practice, the campaign, and some other "stuff" just keeps me busier than I can manage. It's all good, but my priorities have had to shift. Eating isn't all that bad, but there has been little to no time for training.

So here I am, on the hottest day of the year, but I did manage 35 minutes of walk/run along the beach this morning, and another 15 minutes of walking later. I've tried to keep walking whereever I can -- even walking back from Fenway to the Boston Common on Thursday night (thats almost 2 1/2 miles).

I also bought myself a decent grill and have had some fun figuring out how to use it. I've discovered that the coals last a long time, well beyond whatever it is I've planned for that evenings meal, so I make sure to have some extra meat or veggies to grill for more meals. Tonight I grilled a couple of salmon steaks, yellow squash and zucchini, a potato in the coals (but don't rub it in olive oil -- it smokes and burns, even in foil), and some chicken italian sausage (forgot the onion and peppers). That should keep me going for much of the week!

My bag is packed for the pool tomorrow. That water will feel really good on a hot morning.



Oh, and in part of the "lightening" effort, I cut 6 inches off of my hair. It's a cute, flippy, professional, much easier to manage, just over shoulder-length cut now. I've been growing it out for almost 5 years, which I can't believe!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

hey, it's not a re-start, it's a continuation. You were (and are) doing Important Things!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home