Monday, February 25, 2008

Hyannis 10K RR

Well I have my first race of the year under my belt, and the best I can say is that I perservered!

My first 5K went beautifully and as planned, but the second 5K the lack of training and miles showed. I was pretty footsore and tired by 5 miles, and felt every extra pound I'm dragging.
The second 5K ended up 10 minutes slower than the first 5K which is not the kind of split to put up. I ended up DFL for the 10K, first time that has ever happened to me in a race -- but it was no doubt deserved.

Still, it was a fun, lovely day. We had breeze and sun and around 30 degrees when we took off -- hard to tell what to wear and I had clothes coming off and going back on throughout the race. I'm happy its done, and ready to actually train for the next race -- probably a 5K, maybe even Groton in April. I'm also hoping to get my sister to join me for this race next year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Glad you had fun. Congrats on getting back into the race scene.

12:02 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

What's this 'deserved' stuff? You went out and ran! Well done!
(you know what they call the person who comes DFL in a running race? A RUNNER)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home