Sunday, April 13, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Salmon Chowder

2 turnips, peeled and cubed
1 onion
1 stalk celery
1tsp dill
1 bay leaf
1C veggie broth
12 oz salmon (canned or cooked fresh) - my sister who I got the recipe from uses fresh. I used 2 Whole Foods lemon dill salmon burgers and didn't add any more salt, pepper, or dill.
1C buttermilk
1C fat free plain yogurt
2t tabasco
1/4t salt
1/2t pepper

Cook the vegetables in the broth until tender, add seasonings. Turn down to low, add salmon, buttermilk and yogurt. Heat through until hot.

Makes 4 generous servings.

210 calories, 8 g. fat, 2 g fiber (4 WW points each)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

I've never tried a detox but I know heaps of people who swear by them as a kick-start to making postive changes. Hope it goes well :) I try not to think of it as 're-starting' - cause that discounts all the gains you've already made in changing your thinking and building your determination. I think of it as veering back on course! I'm having to do that right now, with wine not food - sad how that one-glass-after-dinner creeps up. Oh well. Onward!

6:50 PM  
Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

This recipe sounds great! And oddly enough, I happen to have all those things in the house. Oh how I wish my husband would eat fish so I could try making it tonight. I can only buy it in individual frozen portions and treat myself when he works late.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home