Sunday, March 09, 2008

Slow and steady progress.

I've finally seen some progress in the scale, just a little but my body is starting to feel better, so hopefully it will start letting go of this excess weight. I really am trying -- although I can do more and make better choices. It *is* getting easier, and importantly, portion control is coming along well. Friday night at dinner and again this morning at breakfast (both times out in restaurants), I was unable to finish my meal (veggie pad thai, and multigrain blueberry pancakes). Good news for me, as I can, honestly, be a bottomless pit when it comes to good food. Friday I left the remnants on my plate and walked away. This morning, I packed up the left-overs for a breakfast one day this week.

Also today I had a pretty good "long" wog, on my "hilly" loop route (as hilly as it gets here on the beach). Over a 3.75-3.9 mile route (depending on how the footpod measures it that day), I was 1 minute/mile faster than last week. Definitely feeling like its easier to string together the running portions of the wog, and I feel like those running portions are actually a little bit faster than in the past. Still a long way to go, but I'm planning that my next event will be more of an actual race than Hyannis was.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

It sounds as though it's all starting to come together - well done turning away pad thai, I love that stuff too :)

Thanks for the comment too, I really appreciated it :)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home