Sunday, December 17, 2006

Quick & easy Spicy-Ginger Basmati rice

I'm switching to Basmati rice, because I'm tired of sticky, soupy, gooey brown rice, and because Basmati is better for your, according to ayurveda. I made this dish this afternoon, to have available all week. I think it will be terrific with the squash/lentil recipe below that I made again tonight, or as a side with the jumbo shrimp I have for tomorrow night, or added cold into a salad to add some texture and flavor.

Here's the recipe:

Makes 4-6 servings
3 oz. gingerroot peeled & grated (I grate from a frozen piece of garlic, sooooo easy)
8 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil or ghee
1 tsp. crushed red chiles (I used crushed red pepper flakes)
1 bunch scallions, chopped
4 cups pre-cooked basmati rice
2 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro (optional)
lime juice and tamari soy sauce

Heat olive oil in large skillet or heavy saucepan over medium-high flame. Add red chiles/peppers and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add ginger and garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add chopped scallions, stir for a few moments.

Deglaze the pan with 2T lime juice and 2T tamari. Stir, turn off the heat, and then fold in the rice. Garnish with cilantro leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home