Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ten things, part whatever.

Here's a meme I picked up from Jammies, from a Brit friend (thus the sassy sentence structure). Give it a go yourself and see how you get on; the way it works is this: post a comment and I'll give you a letter if you ask nice. Then list ten things that you like that begin with that letter. It's all about the loose letters, round here...

Although I'm not sure what a "loose letter" is, mine is R:

1). Roses. One of my favorite flowers, especially Rosa rugosa, the simple, sweet, elegant beach rose.

2). Relatives. You knew I'd find a way to make a reference to my beloved nephews.

3). Reading. I'm a book fiend. 'Nuff said.

4). 'Riting. I blog. I'm a lawyer. DUH.

5). Running. This is, after all, a triathlon blog. What's amazing is that three years ago, I never would have said I liked running. I did it because it is what gets you to the finish line in a tri. Now, although it is still very very hard for me, I enjoy it all for itself. And especially how I feel when I'm finished my run.

6). Red. Absolutely my favorite color.

7). Red wine. Only coincidentally related to #6, and my favorite thing to drink. I'm sipping a lovely WA Syrah, as I type this.

8). Boston Red Sox and Cornell Big Red. Another happy coincidence? I think not. Destiny took me to Ithaca, and then, eventually, Bean Town.

9). PaRis. The city I adore. *My* city. Rhymes with my name. Got it?

10). Romance. Hmmmmm, and sigh. It's all good :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss Rachel said...

All right. I'm in. Give me a letter, and I'll post a 10 things list. (Although I'm having trouble getting blogger to post right now so I'm not sure when.)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Uh, ok, I'm in too. Throw me a loose letter. I need to think about things I like these days. Post the letter in a comment on my blog and you'll get to see *my* lovely relatives --- my two nieces. One brandy new, too! And, funny, K, the running was the SAME thing for me, too. Started to finish a Sprint tri and now I LOVE running -- even by itself! No one I know--including me-- would have EVER thought! ha! Any races/runs comin' up for you?

5:03 PM  
Blogger KLN said...

Rachel, for you, I think, C.

5:04 PM  
Blogger KLN said...

And Robin, how about L.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Loose letters sound fun.

Red is a great color with great dimensions. And it's fast. :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger KLN said...

Trifeist, are you playing? If so, your letter is, hmmm, let me think, F!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Miss Rachel said...

Thanks; I have now posted my ten things. :-)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home