Thursday, November 23, 2006

If its a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot, it must be preciptating.

Thanksgiving morning I got up and ran the 11th Annual Cohasset Turkey Trot. It was cold, windy (of course), and rainy (of course, part deux). Two Turkey Trots to my name, and snow for the first, a NorEaster for this one. This one was local, I could roll out of bed, throw on my gear, and was at the start to register by 7:15. The race went off around 8:10, and I was home, showered, dressed, and off to Connecticut by 9:50.

As for the race -- a lovely course around Cohasset Pond and along Atlantic Avenue, where I regularly train. Hilly, but not too bad. When the course got to the beach, the wind and sand were whipping around, and the rain started driving. But just another November day along the sea, right? Anyway, I pushed along and while I was the last runner across the line (only the real nutcases show up on a cold holiday morning, I've decided), I finished in a 5K PR, by a handful of seconds, 43:41. Given the conditions, I'll take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home