Monday, July 28, 2008

Danskin Webster Lake

The Danskin New England race at Webster Lake, MA was my first tri and still one of the most special races around. Sunday, thousands of courageous women, in all shapes, sizes, and ages, became triathletes, and I was there to see it happen, and to cheer on the one woman who was there because while highlighting, washing, cutting, and drying my hair for the last nine years she has seen me release my inner athelete and became inspired to do it for herself.


I drove through pouring rain and thunderstorms to get to the race site bright and early, by 6AM, for my second year of duty as a swim angel. I love the angel program, and even if the idea of an angel isn't really kosher with the USAT, if I can help give a panicked woman a little confidence, its a good thing. This year I convinced several other WWFC tri-ers, Suzy and Cake, to join in the fun. Yes, Charlie's Angels of triathlon!


The rain stopped shortly after we all arrived, the races went on with minimal delay, and we had a fabulous day. CONGRATULATIONS Melissa, RebbyJ, and Carlee. You all ROCK!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home