Sunday, March 25, 2007

Chi Running!

Despite only 4 hours of sleep last night (back to the Ambien, for sure), I made it out to the New England Multisport Expo for a 2-hour Chi Running training clinic this morning. The short version: having someone actually demonstrate the technique, and then help you position your body, is really essential to getting this. I've tried figuring out from reading the book, and I wasn't even close -- although I was at least conversant with some of the concepts. The leader, a NH certified Chi Running instructor from TriTek, is one of those guys who looks like he runs effortlessly, floating over the ground. He had awesome legs, too! His two assistants were also terrific, and I really enjoyed the class. I'm seriously considering signing up for one of their full day clinics next month.

My own notes, as to the steps to find the proper position and technique:

Open chest, under collarbone.
Pelvic tilt in and up.
Move hips back.
Align - ear/shoulder/hip/ankle.
Soften knees.
Lean from ankles.
Roll heels up, place feet gently down.
Lean into the stride and run.
Before shifting gears, re-check alignment.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LBTEPA said...

Hey I was so happy to read you are getting some sleep at last - your world will seem so different when you're no longer exhausted.
That chi running sounds amazing, keep us posted how it goes

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I was at the expo too and had tons of fun! I didn't have a chance to check out the Chi Running talk, but I took some video of the trial bike rider you might want to check out.

http://sbrtv.wordpress.com/2007/03/31/new-england-mutisport-expo/

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home